‘Food is the fuel that runs our body.’ I am quite sure that all of us have heard this quote once in our life.
Have you ever wondered what can be the actual meaning of this?
Imagine you’re working or studying continuously for a few hours and now you feel hungry.
We have two options with you:-
1. You eat chips, cookies and drink coke
2. You eat a home cooked meal- nourishing and delicious.
Which meal will act as a fuel for your body? Sure, in both the scenarios its calories. But 200 calories from a pizza IS NOT EQUAL to 200 calories from home-cooked bowl of veggies and rice bowl.
We have to understand food is not just about calories but it’s important information. It’s the energy that helps our body to perform different functions.
Feeding your soul is a broad term; it integrates our physical, mental and emotional health. Therefore it’s important to start our journey of becoming healthy with small steps:-
• The first and the most important thing is to understand that taking out time for ourselves is not selfish and we are not wasting our time by looking out for ourselves.
• Spending time in Nature- Just a 30-minute walk can help us release our emotions and rejuvenate us. Walking has numerous health benefits also. It can increase cardiovascular fitness, strengthen bones and increase our endurance. It can also reduce the risk of developing conditions such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and osteoporosis.
• Journaling- It can help us to provide better clarity to our vision which can in turn increase our emotional intelligence and will add mindfulness in our day to day activities.
• Meditating- We all know the benefits of meditation. It’s about sitting and observing your thoughts while focusing on your breath. It’s important to let our thoughts come and go. Start by doing it for 1-2 minutes and feel the change in your life.
• Diet- A healthy and balanced diet gives us nourishment and energy to work throughout the day. It enhances the body’s natural immunity, reduces inflammation and for the overall well-being of our body.
At health click away, we are just a click away to understand the importance of your holistic well-being. Our focus is to provide you hassle free easy tips that promote you towards eating healthy and eating guilt free. Our well trained nutritional coaches, qualified fitness experts and trainers understand that every human body is different and will help you to reach your health goal easily.
Download our app https://healthclickaway.com/download-healthclickaway-apps and promise yourself a better, healthier, happier and fitter version of yourself.